Talk about Lack of RP. Etc.

TheGadd

There are a number of points of the past week or two which i have found to cause a small amount outrage to rebels in reference to the rules and expectations of admins (Who are in the cop Force) below i have listed a number of points and reasons which i and others both in my group have mentioned:

Restraints

On many other servers the restraining of rebel players by any other Rebel, Civilian and or Cop can be seen to allow the other allies of the restrained player to KOS any of the people who are grouped with the person who has initiated by restraining the player. However on this server i have been told by admins (Who are in the Cops) this is not a form of initiation on this server.

Last night / This morning when speaking to Omli and discussing the rules he expressed the opinion of Other Servers have different Rules. Upon which i agree 100%, However although other servers have different rules there are generic rules that are used by every RP server including RDM, VDM. Etc. But On nearly every server along with RDM and VDM they have the restraining players classes as initiation. The main reason for this is to balance out the loss of both a rebel and officer and this also reduces the large amount of confusion which can be seen by new people to the server.

Initiation

I have played on this server for around 2 weeks now and have noticed as soon as you initiate on a cop and he doesn't comply therefore you kill him, You are than told by admins your not allowed to kill cops in the surrounding area unless they have shot at you. The whole point of this server is RP and as soon as that one cop doesn't comply this gives you the right to kill cops in the area. The reason for this is unarguable and im sure any person who isn't a cop (Both rebel and Civillian would agree)

Besides this all admins have said that cops in the surrounding area shouldn't be killed unless directly involved in the situation otherwise its classed as RDM (Bearing in mind the only staff i have heard this off are the ones in Cops)

Both of these problems add up to the bigger idea which is shown below:

Admin Sided:

There are a number of reasons why i believe the server is admin sided all of these are listed below:

The first week i played on the server me and my group ran into the cops multiple time and it led to a gunfight, However during one of the encounters 2 members within InF were banned mid gunfight. The banning of people during gunfights is ridiculous in my opinion and im sure others would agree. Furthermore there was no chance to explain themselves and or provide proof before the ban.

Before the ban is given the person should be given the chance to either defend themselves on ts or at least given a chance to upload evidence that would lead to them not getting banned. The admins would find themselves utilizing the current moderators before consulting and or requesting for a possible ban.

As well as the above two reasons there is also the fact admins can seem to handle there own bans. Both bans mentioned previously had led to the admins who we were against mid gunfight ban the people who had either killed them or attempted to kill them. I believe this allows admins to much power and clearly shows that there is no equal power between Cops, Rebels and Civilians (Due to the majority of Staff being Cops) Furthermore one of the people who was banned was un-banned 10 minutes later despite given a 24 hour ban for VDM Due to the admin giving an unfair ban which clearly wasn't his fault. (Myself and others believe this being out of pure rage and or anger due to dieing which is why 10 minutes after the situation when he had calmed down he was un-banned)

I'm staff and in the cops and I don't think i've spoke to you before :D wut :D But regarding the restraining of people classes as initiation, I've always said to people to make sure they are 100% from being restrained is just to say something as simple as "if you restrain me i have men in the area who will shoot if they seen me being restained" or something along to that effect.

" I have played on this server for around 2 weeks now and have noticed as soon as you initiate on a cop and he doesn't comply therefore you kill him" Which you should kill him and potentially complain about him if he's surrounded and not complying but with that said if you kill him asap how are other police around suppose to know he's getting killed nearby and since he can't radio in cos you know he's just been plow'ed in the kisser by someone.

Was just typing this kill whilst i was dead in game so probably mistakes;D

Also admins doing their own bans is a big no no from what i understood, we are either on admin duty or playing as a civ/cop we should NOT being doing both as far as i'm aware.

50 minutes ago, TheGadd said:

Before the ban is given the person should be given the chance to either defend themselves on ts or at least given a chance to upload evidence that would lead to them not getting banned.

Just want to give a bit of input here;

I have seen multiple times where someone has violated a rule directly infront of me, such as RDM - and an admin would rather drag him to TS instead of banning on the spot.
Sometimes though, admins will ban to ensure someone is off the server before approaching them, as stated here in the rules;
Kick and warning
  • This could be a short ban to ensure you exit our game servers, however it will be removed once the situation has been resolved.

The thing that annoys me the most, is that so many people would rather complain about their 24 hour ban instead of taking 10 minutes to read through the server rules to ensure they know whether something is right or wrong.

I have played on this server for around 2 weeks now and have noticed as soon as you initiate on a cop and he doesn't comply therefore you kill him, You are than told by admins your not allowed to kill cops in the surrounding area unless they have shot at you. The whole point of this server is RP and as soon as that one cop doesn't comply this gives you the right to kill cops in the area. The reason for this is unarguable and im sure any person who isn't a cop (Both rebel and Civillian would agree)

I actually think that this one is a HUGEEEEE grey area!!!!

If I am down the road having a laugh with a civ, and up the road, perhaps like 200m away, a cop is shot and killed... you could then turn around and kill me............... but I wasn't directly involved with that incident and therefore it ruins my game and is technically classed as RDM. I haven't had any threat on my life or any idea whaats going on up the road, and therefore I am killed without any reason.

However, at the same time... I could then be told a cop has been shot up the road, turn and shoot anyone I see 200m away with a gun out because I heard a cop was shot up there...???

Thirdly, it really seems that throughout this entire post you have called admins out for being biased.
I don't think so really... I've seen many admins go out of their way to ensure someone knows what/what not to do instead of ban on site.
Just because the admins are in the police, doesn't mean they're biased - it just means that they enjoy playing the game just like you and I...

If the admins were civs... would they be biased agaiinst cops and rebels???? Because that is following the same rule you're following...
...whatever admins are a part of, they are biased too.... but they're not.

Furthermore one of the people who was banned was un-banned 10 minutes later despite given a 24 hour ban for VDM Due to the admin giving an unfair ban which clearly wasn't his fault.

About the above:

Overall, please know that the staff on this community have all come from being non-admins on past communities to all now being given the responsibility of watching over the servers, website and teamspeak.

Alongside this, they're also human......

I'm sure you make mistake too... or are you really just Mr. Perfect himself, @TheGadd?

Edited by Guest
11 minutes ago, Jamz said:

Overall, please know that the staff on this community have all come from being non-admins on past communities to all now being given the responsibility of watching over the servers, website and teamspeak.

Alongside this, they're also human......

DA HELL JAMZ??? are you forgetting my infamous (no pun intended) role as staff on our old server for 5 months KappaPride