some Ideas to improve RP.

CraftyCake

Hi,

Please dont see this as a stab at your server, this is merely suggestions as you may not have thought of them, or, maybe the fact that there is a high amount of poor RP'ers on the server, others follow suit.

I am in a group called ACF. We have played in 2 RP servers as this group, and to be fair we generally suck at combat we are RP lovers. We will RP our way out of a plastic bag if needed! What I have come to notice since playing on this server, is that there is a massive trigger happy culture. its hands up!!! 3.2.1.. BANG you're dead. its poor. sorry but it is. for a RP server its poor. also people break RP so fast, to throw accusations of breaking rules as soon as you try to interact with them. In my experience people do this because they are faced with dicks that don't want to RP far too often, and not because they are cry babies, or don't want to RP. When people realise you're not just going to rob/kill them they RP!! people now see our tags and change their attitude completely!! all because we have taken so many hits in the short week we have played here. The amount of times we have just gone in and RPed knowning we are probably going to die is countless. there are a few things i can see that would cause this behaviour.. let me give you an example..

We are robbing a guy as he's a very angry, toxic guy so we thought hey, he deserves this.. he refuses to drop his gun, knowing that if we shoot him we can't take it anyway.. he then just sprays us kills one of us and dies. the fundamental issue here is that he knows we cannot take his stuff.. and although there's 5 of us, he doesn't have to surrender. There is no care for life, which in my opinion is a massive part of RP on these servers. if you dont value your life, what's the point in RP? what I would suggest is this.. either a 3 to 1 rule. which means that if there is a ratio of 3:1 you have to surrender and comply or your breaking rules. As in real life, if 3 guys are pointing guns at you you're going to do wtf they tell you!! or the other option is allowing people to loot bodies. This way they know if they die you get there stuff. To be honest I would rather a 3:1 rule, as the second will not necessarily promote RP, but in my opinion both come hand in hand to confront the issue of no value of life.

also I see a massive issue with police. the interactions I have had with Police has been shocking. The police are the back bone of a RP server, they should be the best of the best. Also they should value life, regardless of criminal life or civilian life. I have had Fail RP, RDM, breaking NLR and generally no interest in RP at all. I have had a good interaction with Tim and Ross in fairness, but even those guys then went and broke NLR. There doesn't seem to be any structure to the police, no discipline. I turn up to the drug dealer for example, get out, and die. now they maybe in combat but police in real life would warn you to leave, even though they know it's putting them in danger as there the good guys! they want to save lives! make them better, not just shoot them down!! I really would like to know if there's a structure in the police force, and if so, who can I speak to about this? Dont want to see guys banned!! I just want to see guys improve and enjoy playing!

Also there is no real "legal" money maker. for example, Diamonds should be worth a lot more! some people want to live the straight life and RP this out, but there is no real reason to. This forces their hand, they do drugs get robbed or shot up by police, and in turn turn into shit RPers themselves as they know they are just going to get railed! maybe give some incentive to do some legal stuff also? will give rebels something to do instead of robbing people too,, they can tax on these for example for protection money.

my last point is this... When I have gone to the help rooms for help.. I only wanted to make admins aware of some trolls, not complain about it, or get guys banned just make them aware! i am greeted with.. "have you got a video? no? then sorry nothing I can do" now i get it. Video evidence is vital to some situations.. but sometimes a friendly.. "ok mate we will keep an eye out for any issues with them" like i say , wasn't there to report someone to get them banned, just a friendly heads up. maybe sometimes just give someone the time of day not everyone is complaining at you!!

i have a good vibe about this server, the admins seem active and friendly, and some people we have come across really want a good time and a little RP. Also some familiar faces from my old server that are not ACF which is cool to see and you know you can have some good RP with some of them. But the RP is Poor. I am not sure what direction you guys are trying to go down, but if its good, proper RP I believe theres fundamental flaws, but not a massive amount and could be ironed out to promote good RP

I hope you see where I am coming from and don't think I am moaning at you :) game on boys.

9 hours ago, CraftyCake said:

We are robbing a guy as he's a very angry, toxic guy so we thought hey, he deserves this.. he refuses to drop his gun, knowing that if we shoot him we can't take it anyway.. he then just sprays us kills one of us and dies.

This in itself is part of the rule FailRP if I am not mistaken, if youre out numbered and not comply because you know they cant get your gear that way, it is classed as failrp!

9 hours ago, CraftyCake said:

The police are the back bone of a RP server, they should be the best of the best. Also they should value life, regardless of criminal life or civilian life. I have had Fail RP, RDM, breaking NLR and generally no interest in RP at all.

I know that you dont want to get people banned, I agree with you on that but sometimes banning people is the only way from stopping them breaking these rules. If you dont want them to be banned make a Police Complaint so he will get disciplinary actions taken against him within the police and not banned from the server itself.

You need to keep in mind that the server has been up for about 4 weeks now, almost everybody here is experienced with life servers and thats why I agree with you that they should know better. Regarding the police, it takes time to establish a good police force. I think @Walt is doing a great job as a commisioner. Poor roleplay from officers need to be reported otherwise it will always stay the same! Reporting someone can go without them being banned. Bad eggs need to be sorted out in order to start something great!

Overall I love your feedback, it is very direct and that way it shows what you really think about the server. If more people would do this this place would get a hell of alot better, thats for sure. I know that I used to be a trigger happy cunt myself but I know that that will scare people away from the server so I changed my ways and RP more.

Thanks for the feedback and hope other people will agree with you and start roleplaying more! @CraftyCake hope to see you guys ingame and have some banter!

Edited by Skyzzem

I understand your points but I'm a little confused to this one.

"I have had a good interaction with Tim and Ross in fairness, but even those guys then went and broke NLR "

Last night we didn't break NLR. During that situation @Omligon was preset throughout.

I get what you mean about not being a solid police structure and I think this is the epicentre of the problems.