Gang tags for initiation

Sonny Asif

Okay, so I think this rule really, really needs to be updated. So as of right now you don't need to wear gang tags when you are in a gang, but yet you still can be in a gunfight with your gang but be under a completely different name.

This is a stupid rule as a lot of confusion is often made by this and people can say they were initiated when they weren't...ETC. So every community I have played long term on has had a rule which states that gang members need to be wearing tags and if not, they have to initiate separately. This is fine because the untagged have to initiate for themselves; therefor knowing who you are initiated on.

Grand Theft Arma

https://gyazo.com/713592e6c38455f53b143e11ddc1533f

Olmypus

Olympus has this rule also, I know this because I have been banned before by killing an untagged :/ (Can't find screenshot)

ALUK/Roleplay.co.uk

May have it not too sure.

In addition to this I feel like the Police would need to wear some sort of tag, something along the lines of [APD] or [APC] just makes things look cleaner. The cop tags aren't an issue but rebel tags are 100% game breaking and every single community seems to have it but this one.

1 hour ago, Fuel said:

I am not going to force people to put gang tags on, it encourages metagaming, also are we going to start kicking people off the server for not having a gang but playing with there friends, nah, bad idea

1 hour ago, Thesoldier said:

I think gang tags should be optional, but if you do not have a gang tag you need to initatie your entrance into the roleplay if you join your gang in an active situation.

It may encourage Metagaming, but im sure everyone would rather a little bit of metagaming than constant false claims of RDM and RDM happening way too frequently; Having tags optional im all for however, they have to initiate separately, it just makes sense, having to initiate for yourself if you are not tagged.

46 minutes ago, Sonny Asif said:

It may encourage Metagaming, but im sure everyone would rather a little bit of metagaming than constant false claims of RDM and RDM happening way too frequently; Having tags optional im all for however, they have to initiate separately, it just makes sense, having to initiate for yourself if you are not tagged.

So lets talk this out then, so what if me and my 4 friends are playing together, we are not in a gang, but we are all on TS together, do we have to log out put gang names on for a gang that doesnt exist, or do we all havve to initiate seperately, in myy eyes, I would rather be accused of RDM and it be resolved with a small chat.

6 minutes ago, Fuel said:

So lets talk this out then, so what if me and my 4 friends are playing together, we are not in a gang, but we are all on TS together, do we have to log out put gang names on for a gang that doesnt exist, or do we all havve to initiate seperately, in myy eyes, I would rather be accused of RDM and it be resolved with a small chat.

That is why the rule should only apply to established gangs such as 5 people and above. Allowing friends to play with friends, but it makes it easier for big groups

7 minutes ago, Fuel said:

Easy, I used to do this in many communities; we would simply put -F- or [F] at the end of your name, meaning 'Friend', the person asks a higher up in the gang to ask to play with them and they agree/disagree :) So [TFO] Sonny Asif [F]/-F-

23 minutes ago, Fuel said:

Also on other communities if you were an unofficial gang the max members you can have is 5, however you didn't need tags, any more would need to be tagged

14 minutes ago, Sonny Asif said:

Easy, I used to do this in many communities; we would simply put -F- or [F] at the end of your name, meaning 'Friend', the person asks a higher up in the gang to ask to play with them and they agree/disagree :) So [TFO] Sonny Asif [F]/-F-

Sorry but that is amost un managable for staff, its kind of impossible to monitor.

16 minutes ago, Cool said:

That is why the rule should only apply to established gangs such as 5 people and above. Allowing friends to play with friends, but it makes it easier for big groups

I think there is something there, maybe if you have a gang room on our TS, then you must have gang tags ingame etc.

• 2 weeks later...