Jump to content

Great start but things need tweaking


Wombat

Recommended Posts

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this on the forums and here seems most reasonable. Whilst playing on the server, I have found that there are a few things that are dragging it down slightly and it really does have the potential to do better.

1 - The balance of money. You can do 1 copper run and then move onto cocaine. After one cocaine run you can get a rebel license and buy a full loadout. This simply needs changing. This will encourage non stop combat between every group if they have no sense of loss when they die. Buying a big load out should come with risks of obviously dying and the cost/time it'll take to get it back if they die. At the moment, there is no risk.

2 - Map icons. If you spot a player, you can simply abuse the map to find exactly where they are and where they are going. Makes it extremely difficult to flank someone if they can see your movements. This needs changing.

3 - Whilst we love being hit by cars and our rag dolls going insane, it should not heal you. It should keep you on your remaining health.

4 - Remove the fog.

5 - Death timers. At the moment, you can simply respawn after 30 seconds and go about your day again. This links into problem number 1. There is no risk if they've already done a few runs. Increasing the timer to at least 5 minutes will prevent people from wanting to death match all the time.

I am sure there are some other issues but I may not have stumbled upon them yet. The server has taken off well and it is enjoyable. There is room for improvement but you guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work and develop this into something other communities are afraid to compete against!

I have just spotted where this should go. Was an overlook on my part and I'll move it down there :)

Edited by Wombat
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Wombat said:

5 - Death timers. At the moment, you can simply respawn after 30 seconds and go about your day again. This links into problem number 1. There is no risk if they've already done a few runs. Increasing the timer to at least 5 minutes will prevent people from wanting to death match all the time.

1

I agree with this entirely, when AMS try to get to a scene of an accident and the timer runs out people tend to respawn so to increase medic RP, I think this should be increased to a degree also! +1

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wombat said:

5 - Death timers. At the moment, you can simply respawn after 30 seconds and go about your day again. This links into problem number 1. There is no risk if they've already done a few runs. Increasing the timer to at least 5 minutes will prevent people from wanting to death match all the time.

YES do this.

Moving to suggestions :)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wombat said:

5 - Death timers. At the moment, you can simply respawn after 30 seconds and go about your day again. This links into problem number 1. There is no risk if they've already done a few runs. Increasing the timer to at least 5 minutes will prevent people from wanting to death match all the time.

@Fuel Maybe make this dynamic? Check if AMS is on, if yes timer = 5mins if no timer = 30seconds?

@Omligon You can just move the post right?

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, GenuineAF said:

@Fuel Maybe make this dynamic? Check if AMS is on, if yes timer = 5mins if no timer = 30seconds?

@Omligon You can just move the post right?

1. The balance of money is slightly in the rebels favour but this is due to the half price thats on currently, it get a bit more grindy after its off.

2. Map markers are part of the mission difficulty, this is tweaked pretty much every update, im sure we will get it how we want it eventually.

3. Yeah I know there is an issue with the VDM script as its pretty much default, I have been playing with it, trying to get it perfect, I actually pushed one to the dev server earlier.

4. On to do list @Neo.

5. With regards to the timer, I am going to rework the death screen just its a long way down on a list of things to do.

Link to comment

Some more suggestions.

6) NLR rule. Seems a little crazy that you can return to the same situation after 15 minutes and continue what was happening previously. E.G the bank. If you die at the bank, you have a 2nd chance at the gold bar seller. A one life rule encourages people to play slightly smarter and want to be less reckless. When you die, you die. Anything that happened within game previously should be forgotten (including the bank/truck locations ect)

7) License locations. Would it be possible to get the licenses moved to vendors in certain locations. For example, legal licenses to a shop in kavala/pyrgos/athira/sofia and illegal licenses to the rebel outpost/redzone?

8) Can we have the lrps? :(

9) The toolkit is a hard object. It triggers me that it is apart of the virtual inventory xD

10) Helicopter storage needs reducing massively. The amount of money you make from heli runs is beyond insane. Maybe try implementing some form of cargo container or box that only specific heli's can take so it increases the risk of actually doing those runs as it takes time to drop the crate/land and then to take back off and air lift the cargo container.

11) Key chain. Makes it too easy to metagame the location of a stolen truck. Maybe set the max radius to 200m or below?

Edited by Wombat
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wombat said:

11) Key chain. Makes it too easy to metagame the location of a stolen truck. Maybe set the max radius to 200m or below?

But if I get RDM'd and no staff are available I'm unable to track my truck.

Please remember this is a game, and as much as I appreciate your suggestions, don't break everything.

If I'm RDM'd or die to a glitch, I don't wanna have to wait X amounts of minutes to be revived. I wanna respawn and head back to playing the game... etc.

There is only so many restrictions that can be made/changed before it turns into me being forced to play in a way the staff/devs want me to, instead of how I want to play. And when that happens, the server numbers drop below 0.

Its a game, people come for fun - not to be told what to do every second of the day :)

some suggestions are good... others are just restrictions.

Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Jamz said:

But if I get RDM'd and no staff are available I'm unable to track my truck.

Please remember this is a game, and as much as I appreciate your suggestions, don't break everything.

If I'm RDM'd or die to a glitch, I don't wanna have to wait X amounts of minutes to be revived. I wanna respawn and head back to playing the game... etc.

There is only so many restrictions that can be made/changed before it turns into me being forced to play in a way the staff/devs want me to, instead of how I want to play. And when that happens, the server numbers drop below 0.

Its a game, people come for fun - not to be told what to do every second of the day :)

some suggestions are good... others are just restrictions.

agreed.. people do need to remember it is a game and were here for fun.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Wombat said:

6) NLR rule. Seems a little crazy that you can return to the same situation after 15 minutes and continue what was happening previously. E.G the bank. If you die at the bank, you have a 2nd chance at the gold bar seller. A one life rule encourages people to play slightly smarter and want to be less reckless.

+1 NLR is 100% <inappropriate> when you can just go back a little way down the road, 1 life and life only in my opinion

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jamz said:

But if I get RDM'd and no staff are available I'm unable to track my truck.

Please remember this is a game, and as much as I appreciate your suggestions, don't break everything.

If I'm RDM'd or die to a glitch, I don't wanna have to wait X amounts of minutes to be revived. I wanna respawn and head back to playing the game... etc.

There is only so many restrictions that can be made/changed before it turns into me being forced to play in a way the staff/devs want me to, instead of how I want to play. And when that happens, the server numbers drop below 0.

Its a game, people come for fun - not to be told what to do every second of the day :)

some suggestions are good... others are just restrictions.

Now look at it from this perspective. You rob someone, they comply or you kill them and you take off in their truck. 15 minutes later they turn up again to retrieve their truck as they've followed you on their key chain. Rule breakers are always going to come into the server. You can't rely on an admin to locate your truck if you die to a rule breaker. They have the report a player option for a reason. As for the "restrictions", I struggle to see where you're restricted.

Edited by Wombat
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.